UHP Author Serhat Ünaldi addresses the passing of Thailand’s king:
“After the death of King Bhumibol Adulyadej, Thailand is preparing for Crown Prince Maha Vajiralongkorn to succeed him on the throne. The king’s declining health seemed to coincide with the beginning of a decade-long political crisis, writes Serhat Uenaldi, and in the end Thai democracy died long before the king.” [source: BBC.com/news] Read more here.
University of Hawaiʻi Press is proud to partner with Oxford University Press to announce the launching of Hawaiʻi Scholarship Online. Scheduled to go live tomorrow on OUP’s University Press Scholarship Online (UPSO) platform, Hawaiʻi Scholarship Online includes more than 350 scholarly monographs published by UH Press, in the areas of Asian, Pacific, Hawaiian, Asian American, religious, and global studies. UPSO is available by annual subscription or purchase to libraries and institutions. For a limited time, to celebrate the launch of this groundbreaking research tool, a selection of chapters from UH Press titles are freely available on the HSO website (see the list at the bottom of this page).
Hawaiʻi Scholarship Online offers:
• Instant online access to a growing number of UH Press monographs in an XML-based digital hosting environment with deep tagging and advanced search functionality
• A regular publishing schedule that makes cutting-edge works of scholarship available in full-text digital format faster than ever before
• Discovery of tens of thousands of high-quality cross-referenced and cross-searchable works in more than 30 subject areas from 22 of the most prestigious presses in the world
• Personalization of the site, including the ability to save searches and favorite books for quick and easy access during future visits
• The ability to read online or download a PDF of a chosen chapter for offline, on-the-go reading.
Watch the video to see how UPSO streamlines the research process:
With the addition of Hawaiʻi Scholarship Online on the UPSO platform, University of Hawaiʻi Press provides sophisticated integration and search and discovery capabilities, advancing our core mission of disseminating scholarly knowledge as widely as possible.
You must be logged in to post a comment.